
奶油球和黑胡椒
Will and Kate are in McDonald’s. Will asks the staff for something unexpected.
威爾和凱特在麥當勞。威爾向員工要了一些意料之外的東西。
staff(n.)員工unexpected(adj.)沒有預期到的;出乎意料的
Will: Hello, can I have some creamer and black pepper?
威爾:嗨,我能要些奶油球和黑胡椒嗎?
creamer(n.)奶油球black pepper=黑胡椒粉
Kate: Why did you ask for those? Didn’t you only order a cup of corn soup?
凱特:你為什麼要了那些?你不是只點了杯玉米湯嗎?
ask for=要求order(v.)訂購
Will: There is a secret tip for taking the corn soup to the next level.
威爾:有個秘密訣竅能讓玉米湯提升到更高層次。
secret(adj.)秘密的level(n.)等級;層級
Kate: Are you going to add them to the soup?
凱特:你要將那些加進湯裡嗎?
add(v.)增加
Will: Yeah, they will upgrade the corn soup.
威爾:是啊,這是讓玉米湯升級的隱藏喝法。
will VR=未來式
Kate: Will it taste good?
凱特:這真的會好喝嗎?
taste(v.)嚐起來
Will: Why don’t you give it a try?
威爾:你何不自己試試?
give sth a try=嘗試某物
Kate: I’ll take my words back. This is really delicious.
凱特:我收回我的話。這真的超好喝。
delicious(adj.)美味的
Will: I told you so.
威爾:我就說吧。
動詞三態tell-told-told
Kate: It’s really creamy.
凱特:它真的很香濃。
cream(n.)鮮奶油creamy(adj.)香濃的
Will: And the creamer and black pepper are free.
威爾:而且奶油球和黑胡椒都能免費拿到。
free(adj.)免費的
Kate: I will start to do the same from now on.
凱特:我從現在起會開始跟著這樣做。
from now on=自此開始