
邊走邊觀望
Hank just ran into his old friend from college, Jake, on the street.
漢克在街上遇到他大學老朋友傑克。
run into巧遇on the street在街上
Hank: Hey Jake! Long time no see!
漢克:嘿,傑克!好久不見!
long time no see好久不見
Jake: Hank! I thought you went to the States to study.
傑克:漢克!我以為你去美國讀書了。
the States美國study(v.)讀書
Hank: No, my plan is still up in the air.
漢克:不,我的計劃依然懸而未決。
Jake: Why is that?
傑克:為什麼?
Hank: Well, the school put all the paperwork on hold.
漢克:學校暫停了所有行政作業。
put sth. on hold擱置、暫停paperwork文書作業
Jake: So, are you still waiting for the result?
傑克:所以你還在等結果嗎?
result(n.)結果
Hank: Yes. I can’t really do anything about it.
漢克:對啊。我真的無能為力。
Jake: What’s your plan for now?
傑克:那現在有什麼計劃?
for now目前
Hank: I am leaving the door open. Maybe I’ll find a job to make some money.
漢克:不排除任何可能啊,也許會先找一份工作來賺點錢。
leave the door open把門敞開、歡迎各種可能make money賺錢
Jake: Alright! I’ll keep an eye out for you.
傑克:好吧!我會幫你留意機會的。
keep an eye out for sth. or sb.注意、留心