
防毒無漏洞
Sam and Zack are on the MRT. They are both wearing face masks. Zack is looking at his phone.
山姆和柴克在捷運上。他們都戴著口罩。柴克正盯著手機。
Sam: Why are you staring at your phone?
山姆:你幹嘛瞪著手機啊!
stare(v.)瞪著
Zack: I’m trying to unlock it. It isn’t working.
柴克:我在試著解鎖手機,為什麼不行!
Sam: Come on! Don’t be silly. The Face ID system won’t work if you have a mask on.
山姆:拜託!別耍蠢了。你戴著口罩當然無法臉部辨識啊。
silly(adj.)愚蠢的system(n.)系統
Zack: What if I print part of my face on a face mask? Then I’ll be able to unlock my phone while protecting myself from the virus.
柴克:那麼如果我把一部分的臉印在口罩上呢?這樣就能一邊解鎖,一邊防病毒。
what if如果說、要是…print(v.)印be able to RV能夠while當protect(v.)保護、免於virus(n.)病毒
Sam: That might work. Hold on a second. Let me google it real quick.
山姆:也許行得通喔。等等,我查一下。
might(mod.)可能+RVgoogle(v.)搜尋real quick很快、口語
Zack: Google what?
柴克:查什麼?
Sam: Haha! Apparently, you’re not the first one to come up with the idea.
山姆:哈哈,你果然不是第一個這樣想的人。
apparently(adv.)顯然地come up with想出
Zack: What? Has someone else had the same idea?
柴克:什麼!有人有一樣的主意嗎?
someone else其他人
Sam: Yeah! See! A designer from the US provides a service that can print a face on an N95 mask. So, people can unlock their phone without taking their mask off.
山姆:對啊,你看!一個美國的設計師提供把人的臉印在N95口罩上的服務,這樣就能不拿下口罩也能解鎖手機。
designer(n.)設計師provide(v.)提供service(n.)服務take off脫下
Zack: Well, great minds think alike.
柴克:我只能說英雄所見略同。
great minds think alike英雄所見略同、想法相似