
喝咖啡失眠
Eddie just walked out of his room. He looks tired.
艾迪剛走出房間,他看起來很累。
tired(adj.)疲勞的;疲倦的be worn out=精疲力盡
Ruby: You can’t stop yawning.
露比:你不停打哈欠欸。
yawn(n.)(v.)打哈欠stop to RV=停下來做某事stop V-ing=停止做某事
Eddie: I didn’t even sleep last night.
艾迪:我昨晚根本沒睡。
Ruby: Why?
露比:怎麼了?
Eddie: I think it’s the coffee I had before I went to bed.
艾迪:我想是因為睡前喝了咖啡吧。
Ruby: You know caffeine can give you a kick.
露比:你知道咖啡因會讓你睡不著吧。
give sb. a kick=對某人產生作用
Eddie: Now I know it’s a terrible idea.
艾迪:現在我知道這個主意糟透了。
terrible(adj.)糟糕的;低劣的
Ruby: Caffeine doesn’t just keep you wide awake. It messes with your body clock.
露比:咖啡因不只會讓你毫無睡意,而且還會擾亂你的生理時鐘。
awake(adj.)醒著的asleep(adj.)睡著的mess with sth.=擾亂某事mess with sb.=招惹某人
Eddie: No wonder I start to feel drowsy. Here comes another yawn…
艾迪:怪不得我現在昏昏欲睡。又想打哈欠了⋯⋯
no wonder=難怪;怪不得drowsy(adj.)睡意朦朧的;似睡非睡的
Ruby: A nap will help. You don’t want to doze off at work.
露比:小睡一下會有幫助的。你可不想在上班時打瞌睡啊。
nap(n.)小睡doze off=打瞌睡