
四天完成原先工作量
Jason and Liz are colleagues. Liz asks Jason a question.
傑森和莉茲是同事。莉茲問了傑森一個問題。
colleague(n.)同事=co-worker
Liz: Just curious. Would you want to work only four days a week?
莉茲:單純好奇。你會想要一週只工作四天嗎?
curious(adj.)好奇curiosity(n.)好奇心
Jason: That depends. Would I still have the same salary?
傑森:看情況。我的薪水不變嗎?
depend(v.)取決salary(n.)薪水
Liz: Yes, if you were still paid the same amount of money for only working four days a week, would you accept the offer?
莉茲:是啊,如果讓你一週工作四天但拿到的薪水還是一樣,你會接受這條件嗎?
be p.p.=被動態amount(n.)數量accept(v.)接受offer(n.)提案
Jason: Then yes. Who wouldn’t want to have another day off?
傑森:那好啊。誰不想多一天假?
have a day off=休假
Liz: But you only have four days to finish the same amount of work.
莉茲:但你只有四天能完成跟原先一樣的工作量。
finish(v.)完成=complete
Jason: I think I can handle that. Why are you asking this?
傑森:我覺得我辦得到。妳為什麼這麼問?
handle(v.)應付=deal with
Liz: Well, I saw on the news that 70 companies in the UK have joined in an experiment to allow their workers to have three days off during a week.
莉茲:嗯,我看新聞說英國有七十間公司加入一項實驗,允許他們的員工一週休三天。
join in=加入allow(v.)允許during=在~期間
Jason: How were the results?
傑森:他們的結果如何呢?
result(n.)結果
Liz: Overall, pretty good. Most of the workers were able to keep the same work performances, and some even performed better. Some saw their mental health improve as well.
莉茲:整體結果蠻不錯的。多數的人能夠維持一樣的工作表現,有些甚至表現更好。有些員工也說他們的心理健康獲得了提升。
overall(adj.)大致來說=in generalperform(v.)表現;performance(n.)表現mental health=心理健康improve(v.)進步;提升
Jason: I can only speak for myself, but I would work harder during those four days to make sure I could enjoy my rest time.
傑森:我只能以我自己的看法說話。但為了確保我能享受休息時間,我想我會在那四天更加努力的工作。
rest(n.)休息
Liz: You have a point.
莉茲:你說得有道理。
have a point=有論點;有道理point of view=論點;看法
Jason: Sadly, we’re not the ones doing the experiment.
傑森:難過的是,進行實驗的不是我們。
sadly(adv.)令人難過的p]