
剛滿20可投票
Oscar just got home from the airport. Rachel is at home.
奧斯卡剛從機場回到家,瑞秋在家。
Oscar: You’ll never guess who I met just now! I ran into Tzu-yu back at the airport!
奧斯卡:你絕對想不到我剛才遇到了誰。我在機場巧遇子瑜耶!
just now剛才run into巧遇bump into巧遇、撞到
Rachel: Really?! What was she like in person?
瑞秋:真的?她本人感覺怎麼樣?
in person親自、本人
Oscar: I couldn’t really tell because nothing much happened. She arrived at the airport earlier, and then her mom picked her up. That’s all.
奧斯卡:我感覺不出來,因為沒發生什麼事。她先前抵達機場,然後她媽媽來接她,就這樣。
tell(v.)分辨arrive(v.)抵達depart(v.)出發、啟程take off起飛pick sb. up接送某人pick up接續、順便學習
Rachel: She must be taking a break since her latest single came out.
瑞秋:她一定是剛出完單曲有空放個假吧。
must, could, may, might be表現在推測single(n.)單曲album(n.)專輯
Oscar: Could be that. Or she could be back for the election.
奧斯卡:有可能。或者,她可能是回來投票的。
Rachel: Is she old enough to vote?
瑞秋:她是可以投票的年紀嗎?
adj. enough to V.足夠...以V.too adj. to V.太...以至於無法V.vote(v.)投票、表决vote for, against投票同意、反對
Oscar: Yeah, she just turned 20, so she does have the right to vote.
奧斯卡:是啊,她剛滿20歲所以確實可以投票。
助動詞do, does, did V.表強調、確實right(n.)權利
Rachel: We’ll wait and see.
瑞秋:只能等著看囉。
wait and see走著瞧、等著看
Oscar: Anyway, I think she might have been waving and smiling at me when she left.
奧斯卡:總之,我覺得她走的時候好像在對我微笑還有揮手。
must, could, may, might have been表過去推測wave(v.)揮手(n.)海浪leave-left-left離開
Rachel: You wish!
瑞秋:你做夢吧。
You wish!想得美、做夢