
父親節的新計畫
Ben and Luna are friends. They are talking about their plans for Father’s Day.
班和露娜是朋友。他們正在談論父親節計畫。
Ben: Hey, Luna. Father’s Day is around the corner. What are you going to do that day?
班:嘿,露娜。父親節快到了。你們那天要做什麼呢?
around the corner即將來臨
Luna: We are going to take a boat and celebrate it on the beach.
露娜:我們要搭船然後在海邊慶祝。
take a boat搭船celebrate(v.)慶祝
Ben: Didn’t you check the weather forecast?
班:你沒有看天氣預報嗎?
weather forecast天氣預報
Luna: Well, no. What’s wrong?
露娜:嗯,沒有。怎麼了嗎?
Ben: A typhoon is coming. It’s dangerous to go to the beach.
班:有颱風要來。這樣去海邊很危險。
dangerous(adj.)危險的
Luna: Oh, no. Not again. Actually, we had the same plan last year, but strong wind and heavy rain ruined everything.
露娜:噢,不。別又來了。其實我們去年有相同的計畫,但強風和大雨毀了一切。
ruin(v.)破壞、毀壞
Ben: According to the Central Weather Bureau, it’s common to have typhoons in August, especially on August 8 and 9.
班:根據中央氣象局,在八月有颱風是很常見的,尤其在八月八號和九號這兩天。
according to根據Central Weather Bureau中央氣象局common(adj.)常見的、普遍的especially(adv.)尤其、特別
Luna: That’s too bad. I guess the typhoon also wants to celebrate Father’s Day with us.
露娜:真是太糟了。我猜颱風也想和我們一起慶祝父親節。
guess(v.)猜測、猜想
Ben: You can celebrate it at home. I’ve prepared a special show for my father.
班:你可以在家慶祝。我準備了一場特別的表演給我父親。
prepare(v.)準備special(adj.)特別的
Luna: What kind of show?
露娜:哪種表演?
Ben: My sister will play the piano, and I will play the cello. The songs we are going to play are all his favorites.
班:我姊姊彈鋼琴,然後我拉大提琴。我們演奏的歌曲都是他的最愛。
cello(n.)大提琴favorite(n.)最愛的事物
Luna: Wow. Maybe I should come up with another plan.
露娜:哇。或許我該想另一個計畫。
come up with sth.想出、提出(主意或計畫)