
延後公布
Alice and Stanley are a couple. They are having a conversation.
愛莉絲和史丹利是一對情侶,他們正在聊天。
Stanley: Hey, did you hear? We might get a day off because of the typhoon!
史丹利: 欸,你聽說了嗎?我們可能可以放颱風假耶!
because of由於、因為
Alice: Yeah, I saw the news. They’re doing a special weather report at 9 p.m. to be more accurate.
愛莉絲:有啊,我看到消息了。他們說今晚九點會有一個特別的氣象預報,資訊會更準確。
report(n.)報告weather forecast氣象預報accurate(adj.)準確的、精確的
Stanley: That’s smart. Last time, they gave us two days off for Typhoon Krathon, but the weather wasn’t even that bad.
史丹利:聰明喔!上次山坨兒颱風放了兩天假,但天氣其實還好。
Alice: I know. This time, local governments are waiting for the 9 p.m. update to decide on school and work.
愛莉絲:對呀。這次各地方政府會等到九點的預報更新後,才決定要不要停班停課。
local(adj.)當地的update(n.)更新、新資訊
Stanley: That makes sense. Everyone at work was talking about it.
史丹利:那樣做滿有道理的。我們公司的人都在討論這件事。
make sense有道理
Alice: Same here. Hopefully, we’ll know soon so we can plan ahead.
愛莉絲: 我們這邊也是。希望可以早點知道,好提前做安排。
same here我也是ahead(adv.)提前、在前面
Stanley: I just hope they don’t keep us waiting too long.
史丹利:我只希望不要讓我們等太久啦。
keep O. V-ing讓~持續~(的狀態)
Alice: Me too! If they decide early, maybe we could plan something for tomorrow.
愛莉絲: 我也是!如果早點決定,我們明天可以安排點活動。
decide(v.)決定、決斷
Stanley: That’s right. We could stay home and have a cozy movie day.
史丹利:沒錯。我們可以待在家裡,來個溫馨的電影日。
cozy(adj.)溫馨的、溫暖舒適的、愜意的
Alice: Perfect. Let’s get some snacks and stay safe inside.
愛莉絲:完美!那我們買點零食,待在家裡安全度過颱風天。
snack(n.)點心、零食、小吃