
實用應對法
Lucy and Mike are a couple. They are traveling to France.
露西和麥克是夫妻。他們正準備去法國旅行。
travel to place去某地旅行travel by+交通工具:搭乘~去旅行
Lucy: Mike, bad news — our flight has delayed because of the typhoon.
露西:麥克,壞消息——因為颱風,我們的航班延誤了。
because of因為、由於typhoon day off/typhoon day颱風假
Mike: Seriously? That’s not good. Do we have travel insurance?
麥克:真的嗎?那可不好。我們有買旅遊保險嗎?
insurance(n.)保險
Lucy: Yeah, we got it last week. It should cover delays.
露西:有啊,我們上週買了。它應該會理賠航班延誤。
cover(v.)涵蓋、理賠
Mike: Okay, let’s ask the counter for a delay certificate.
麥克:好,那我們去櫃台拿延誤證明吧。
ask sb. for sth.向某人索取某物certificate(n.)證明、證書
Lucy: Good idea. And we should keep our tickets too.
露西:好主意,我們也要保留機票。
Mike: Right. But what about our homestay?
麥克:對,但我們的民宿怎麼辦?
homestay(n.)民宿(更貼近寄宿家庭)guesthouse(n.)民宿=Bed and Breakfast
Lucy: I’ll message the host and ask if we can change the date.
露西:我會傳訊息給房東,問問能不能改期。
message(v.)發訊息、傳訊息(n.)訊息send messages傳訊息/leave messages留訊息
Mike: Maybe they’ll let us cancel without a fee.
麥克:也許他們會讓我們免費取消。
without(prep.)沒有fee(n.)費用、手續費/charge a fee收費at no cost免費
Lucy: I’ll explain it’s because of the typhoon.
露西:我會說明是因為颱風的關係。
explain(v.)解釋explain sth. to sb.解釋某事給某人聽
Mike: Yeah, I hope he understands.
麥克:是啊,希望他能體諒。
understand(v.)理解、體諒
Lucy: We should also check what our insurance covers.
露西:我們也要看看保險到底理賠哪些狀況。
Mike: Agreed. Let’s do that while we wait.
麥克:同意。我們邊等邊查吧。
while(conj.)在~同時