
追劇還是寫作業?
Helen and Kai are classmates. They are talking on a LINE voice call during a typhoon day.
海倫和凱是同班同學。他們在颱風天用LINE語音聊天。
during(prep.)在~期間
Helen: (on call) Kai! Can you hear me?
海倫:(語音中)凱!你聽得到嗎?
Kai: Yeah! Loud and clear. This typhoon is so strong!
凱:聽得到,超清楚。這颱風也太猛了吧!
clear(adj.)清楚的、無障礙的strong(adj.)強的、有力的
Helen: I know! My window was shaking just now.
海倫:我知道!我家的窗戶剛剛還在晃。
shake(v.)晃動、搖晃just now剛剛
Kai: My dog is hiding under the bed. He’s really scared of thunder.
凱:我家狗狗躲到床底下了,他超怕打雷的。
scared(adj.)害怕的、驚恐的thunder(n.)雷聲/lightning(n.)閃電/thunderstorm(n.)雷雨
Helen: Poor thing! I’m staying in bed. So comfy.
海倫:好可憐喔!我躺在床上,好舒服。
comfy(adj.)=comfortable舒服的、舒適的
Kai: We had hotpot for lunch! Perfect for this weather.
凱:我們中午吃火鍋!這種天氣剛剛好。
perfect for…非常適合…weather(n.)天氣weather report氣象報告under the weather身體不舒服
Helen: Yum! We had instant noodles and eggs.
海倫:好香喔!我們吃泡麵加蛋。
instant noodles泡麵
Kai: Do you think school will be canceled tomorrow too?
凱:你覺得明天也會停課嗎?
be V+V-p.p.被動語態cancel(v.)取消
Helen: I hope so! But I still need to do my math homework.
海倫:希望啦!但我還是得寫數學作業。
Kai: Let’s do it together later—after I finish my drama!
凱:等等我們一起寫啦——我先把劇追完!
binge-watch追劇