
民眾徹夜難眠
Josh and Anita are a couple. They are talking on the phone after dinner.
喬許和安妮塔是一對情侶。他們在晚餐後通電話。
Josh: Anita! The typhoon hit Chiayi very hard last night.
喬許:安妮塔!颱風昨晚重創嘉義。
Anita: Oh no! What happened there?
安妮塔:天啊!那裡發生了什麼事?
Josh: Strong wind blew down trees and signs. Even a school wall fell! Some people got hurt.
喬許:強風吹倒了樹木、招牌,連學校圍牆也倒塌!還有人受傷。
blow down吹倒sign(n.)告示牌、招牌、跡象、徵兆fall(v.)掉落、倒下fall down跌倒、倒塌/fall over被絆倒、摔倒
Anita: That sounds bad! Are you safe?
安妮塔:聽起來很嚴重!你還好嗎?
just to be safe為了以防萬一
Josh: Yes, but the wind was so loud. I couldn’t sleep. It felt like the house was shaking.
喬許:我還好,但風聲非常大。我完全睡不著,感覺房子在搖晃。
shake(v.)搖晃、震動
Anita: Taipei is much calmer, just some rain and light wind.
安妮塔:台北比較平靜,只是下點雨,風也不大。
calm(adj.)平靜的、安靜的、冷靜的keep calm保持冷靜light(adj.)輕微的、(重量)輕的
Josh: You’re lucky! Here, many roads are blocked. Buildings are broken.
喬許:你真幸運!這裡很多路被堵住,建築也壞了。
blocked(adj.)被堵住的、被封鎖的blocked nose鼻塞
Anita: Do you have power now?
安妮塔:你現在有電嗎?
power(n.)電力、能量solar power太陽能
Josh: Yes, power is back, but the city is still a big mess.
喬許:有了,電力恢復了,但城市還是一片混亂。
mess(n.)混亂、髒亂
Anita: Please take good care of yourself, Josh. I’m very worried. Tell me if you need help.
安妮塔:喬許,請好好照顧自己,我很擔心你。如果需要幫忙,告訴我。
take care of照顧
Josh: Thanks, Anita. I will be careful and tell you how I am.
喬許:謝謝你,安妮塔。我會小心,跟你說我的情況。
careful(adj.)小心的、謹慎的be careful with sth.謹慎使用某物/be careful about sth.注意、謹慎對待某事