
兩場婚禮
Ashley is talking to her friend Jonathan.
艾希莉正在跟她的朋友強納森說話。
Ashley: Hey Jonathan! Can I tell you something?
艾希莉:嗨,強納森!我可以跟你說件事嗎?
tell(v.)告知(told:過去式)tell sb. sth.告知某人某事
Jonathan: Sure, Ashley! What’s up?
強納森:當然可以,艾希莉!什麼事?
Ashley: I’m getting ready for my weddings. We will have two!
艾希莉:我正在準備我的婚禮,我們會辦兩場!
get ready for…準備好~hold(v.)舉辦
Jonathan: Two weddings? Wow, that’s great!
強納森:兩場婚禮?哇,太棒了!
Ashley: Yes. One will be at my hometown, and the other at my fiancé’s hometown.
艾希莉:對啊,一場在我老家,另一場在我未婚夫的老家。
hometown(n.)家鄉the other另一個
Jonathan: That sounds wonderful! Are you feeling happy or tired?
強納森:聽起來很棒!你現在是開心還是累呢?
tired(adj.)疲倦的、累的be/get tired of…對~感到厭倦
Ashley: Both! I’m very happy but also a little tired.
艾希莉:都有!我很開心,但也有點累。
a little一點點(形容程度或數量)little很少
Jonathan: Planning weddings is a lot of work. Do you like it?
強納森:準備婚禮真的很忙,你喜歡這樣嗎?
a lot of很多的
Ashley: Yes, but it’s busy. I have to choose the dress and the food.
艾希莉:喜歡啦,但真的很忙,我還要選婚紗和菜色。
choose(v.)選擇choice(n.)選擇make a choice做出選擇
Jonathan: When are the weddings?
強納森:婚禮是哪時候?
Ashley: One is next month, and the other is in two months.
艾希莉:一場是下個月,另一場是兩個月後。
month(n.)月、月份
Jonathan: I hope everything goes well!
強納森:希望一切順利!
Ashley: Thanks! I’m really excited!
艾希莉:謝謝!我真的很期待!
be excited for…對~期待