
回到工作崗位
Anna and George are colleagues. They are chatting in the pantry.
安娜與喬治是同事,他們正在茶水間聊天。
colleague(n.)同事;同仁My new colleague is from the Philippines.pantry(n.)茶水間
George: Well, the Lunar New Year holiday is officially over.
喬治:農曆新年假期正式結束了呢。
summer holiday=暑假school holiday=學校假期officially(adv.)正式地over(adv.)結束;完畢The game was over by the time I arrived.
Anna: Yeah, everyone slacks off a bit after a long vacation.
安娜:對啊,放完假後大家都有點散漫的。
slack off=怠惰;偷懶Our employer installed surveillance cameras to ensure we do not slack off.
George: I don’t feel like getting back to work either.
喬治:我也不想回來上班啊。
I don’t feel like eating.either(adv.)也(用於否定句)
Anna: No one does. Everyone in the office seems down and blue.
安娜:沒人想啊,辦公室裡的所有人看起來都提不起勁,悶悶不樂的。
down(adj.)情緒低落的;提不起精神的blue(adj.)憂鬱的;沮喪的He has been blue since his wife passed away.
George: I guess we had too much fun and wore ourselves out in the past few days.
喬治:我想我們在過去幾天都玩得太瘋太累了。
wear out=使...疲累wear-wore
Anna: I learned my lesson this time. I started to cut back on activities one day before the holiday ended.
安娜:這次我學乖了,我在假期結束的前一天就開始減少活動了。
lesson(n.)課;教訓;經驗cut back on sth.=減少;削減...cut back on sugar=減糖cut back on social media=減少花在社群媒體上的時間end(v.)結束;終止
George: Does that help?
喬治:那有幫助嗎?
Anna: More or less. I also planned for the next long weekend.
安娜:多少有一點吧,我還為下一個連假做好了安排。
plan(n.)計畫(v.)規劃;安排a change of plan
George: It’s good to have something exciting planned ahead.
喬治:提前安排一些好玩的事是挺不錯的。
exciting(adj.)令人興奮的;刺激的I’m excited about the concert.ahead(adv.)在前方;未來
Anna: We just need to face the fact that it’s time to get back on track.
安娜:我們就只是得認清現實,是時候回到工作崗位上了。
face(v.)面對;面臨on track=上軌道He tried hard to get his life back on track.