
別那麼快做決定
Maddie and Richard are co-workers. Maddie applied for a promotion a while ago.
麥蒂和理查是同事。麥蒂先前申請了升遷的機會。
co-worker=colleague同事apply for(v.)申請什麼、應用、運用、application(n.)書面申請書a while ago不久之前
Maddie: I just finished my meeting with the manager.
麥蒂:我剛結束跟經理的會議。
finish(v.)結束meeting會議manager經理
Richard: How did it go?
理查:會議如何?
How did it go?進行得如何
Maddie: Well, don’t tell anyone. I got the promotion.
麥蒂:這個嘛,不要跟別人說,我拿到升遷機會了。
tell(v.)告訴anyone任何人
Richard: Really?! Congrats!
理查:真假!恭喜!
congrats=congratulation恭喜
Maddie: But I’m going to turn it down.
麥蒂:但我應該會拒絕。
be going to=will將會
Richard: Why?
理查:為什麼?
Maddie: I just have a lot to think about now.
麥蒂:我現在有很多事情要考慮。
think about思索、考慮
Richard: Like what?
理查:像是什麼?
like what像是什麼
Maddie: I’m still nervous about going to work in another country.
麥蒂:我還是對到國外工作感到很緊張。
nervous緊張的
Richard: Don’t make up your mind so fast. Think it through first.
理查:別那麼快做決定。好好想清楚。
make up one′s mind下定決心、做好決定think through想透、好好思考