
應屆畢業生的期望
Jolin and Bruno are chatting in the school cafeteria.
喬林和布魯諾在學校餐廳聊天。
Bruno: Jolin, have you seen the news about TSMC?
布魯諾:喬林,你有看到關於台積電的新聞嗎?
have/has V-p.p.現在完成式
Jolin: Yeah! Master’s degree workers there make NT$65,130 a month!
喬林:有啊!碩士學歷的員工月薪有65,130元耶!
degree(n.)學位、溫度bachelor’s degree學士學位master’s degree碩士學位Celcius(n.)攝氏溫度
Bruno: That’s a lot! But they also studied longer. Do you think it’s worth it?
布魯諾:那很多耶!但他們也讀得比較久。你覺得值得嗎?
be worth it是值得的worth(adj.)值得的
Jolin: Hmm… maybe. College graduates make NT$43,730. That’s over NT$20,000 less!
喬林:嗯……也許吧。大學畢業的只有43,730元,少了20,000多耶!
Bruno: True. But master’s students spend at least two more years in school.
布魯諾:也是啦。不過唸碩士至少要再多讀2年。
at least 至少
Jolin: And maybe more money on tuition. But TSMC also gives big bonuses.
喬林:而且學費也可能更貴。不過台積電還會發很多分紅。
tuition(n.)學費bonus(n.)獎金、紅利
Bruno: Right! Some people get over NT$1 million a year in bonus. That’s crazy!
布魯諾:對啊!有人一年分紅超過 100 萬元,好誇張!
Jolin: Still, I wonder — should we study for money or for something we enjoy?
喬林:不過我還是會想——我們是為了錢讀書,還是為了興趣?
wonder(v.)疑惑、納悶、想知道
Bruno: Good question. Maybe both? I want a job that I like and pays well.
布魯諾:這問題問得好。也許兩者都要?我想要做自己喜歡又薪水高的工作。
a well-paid job高薪的工作
Jolin: Me too. Let’s think carefully before we decide.
喬林:我也是。我們要好好想一想再決定。
carefully(adv.)仔細地、小心地decide(v.)決定decide to VR決定去做decide on sth.選定某事物