
4年學費全免
Satoshi is a Japanese exchange student. He and his Taiwanese friend Min are talking about TSMC’s scholarship program with YunTech.
佐藤是一位日本的交換學生。他和他的台灣朋友小敏正在討論台積電和雲科大合作的獎學金計畫。
exchange(n.)(v.)交換、交流
Satoshi: Hey, Min! Did you hear about the scholarship TSMC is offering?
佐藤:嘿,小敏!你有聽說台積電提供的獎學金嗎?
Min: Oh, the one for Japanese students? They cover four years of tuition and even pay for living expenses, right?
小敏:喔,是針對日本學生的那個嗎?他們支付四年的學費,還提供生活費,對吧?
cover(v.)支付tuition(n.)學費living expenses生活費
Satoshi: Yeah! I read they give 500,000 yen a year and even provide an extra 50,000 yen each month for living expenses.
佐藤:對啊!我看到他們每年給50萬日圓,另外每月還有5萬日圓的生活費。
provide(v.)提供=offerprovide sb. with sth.提供某人某物offer sb. sth.提供某物給某人offer to do sth.提出做某事
Min: That’s really generous! And you just need to take a job test with TSMC after you finish school, right?
小敏:真是超慷慨!而且只要完成學業後參加台積電的入職考試就行了,對吧?
generous(adj.)慷慨的generous to sb.對某人慷慨
Satoshi: Exactly! Even if you don’t pass the test, you don’t have to pay anything back. It’s a dream come true for anyone interested in engineering!
佐藤:沒錯!即使沒通過考試,也不用還錢。這對有志於工程的人來說真的是美夢成真!
even if即使(假設的狀況)even though儘管(已經發生的狀況)pay back償還(金錢)、回報a dream come true美夢成真
Min: Totally! TSMC needs more engineers for their new plant in Japan.
小敏:完全是啊!台積電在日本的新工廠需要更多工程師。
engineer(n.)工程師
Satoshi: Right. They’re even saying it’s because there aren’t enough engineers in Taiwan.
佐藤:是啊。他們甚至說這是因為台灣的工程師短缺。
enough(adj.)足夠的(adv.)足夠地
Min: Well, it sounds like an amazing opportunity for you! Are you thinking about applying?
小敏:嗯,那聽起來對你來說是個很棒的機會!你有考慮申請嗎?
opportunity(n.)機會take the opportunity抓住機會apply for申請
Satoshi: I might! I am interested in working in the semiconductor industry.
佐藤:可能會!我對在半導體產業工作有興趣。
work in...在某個領域(部門、地方)工作work for...為某人(公司)工作industry(n.)產業、行業
Min: I think you’d be great at it. Good luck with your decision, Satoshi!
小敏:我覺得你會很適合的!祝你的決定順利,佐藤!
good luck with…祝...好運
Satoshi: Thanks, Min! I’ll definitely think about it.
佐藤:謝謝你,小敏!我一定會好好考慮的。