
第一口就上癮?
Amy and Sam are friends. They are having a conversation.
愛咪和山姆是朋友。他們正在對話。
Amy: Hey, Sam! Do you know stinky tofu?
愛咪:嘿,山姆!你有吃過臭豆腐嗎?
Sam: Stinky tofu? What’s that?
山姆:臭豆腐?那是什麼?
Amy: It’s a popular snack in Taiwan. It smells really strong, but trust me, it tastes amazing!
愛咪:那是台灣很有名的小吃。聞起來很臭,但相信我,嚐起來超好吃!
popular(adj.)受歡迎的be popular with sb.受~的歡迎be popular among+群體:在...之中很受歡迎smell(v.)聞起來taste(v.)嚐起來trust(v.)信任、信賴trust sb. to VR相信某人會做某事
Sam: Wait, it smells strong? I don’t know if I want to try that...
山姆:等一下,聞起來很臭嗎?我不知道我會不會想試欸⋯⋯
Amy: I know, the smell can be a little strong. But when you try it with some sauce, it’s actually really tasty!
愛咪:我知道,味道有點重。不過加醬汁其實就滿好吃的!
smell(n.)味道、氣味when(conj.)當
Sam: Hmm... Okay, I’ll give it a shot. But I’m kind of nervous.
山姆:嗯⋯⋯好吧,我就試試看。不過我有點緊張。
give it a shot試一試=give it a trykind of有點nervous(adj.)緊張的
Amy: Don’t worry! I’ll take you to the best place.
愛咪:別擔心!我帶你去一家臭豆腐做得最好吃的地方。
take sb. to place帶某人去某地
Sam: Alright, fine. But if I don’t like it, you have to eat all of it!
山姆:好吧,試試看。不過如果我不喜歡,你就要吃完喔!
If S’+V’…, S+V…如果...,那...就...
Amy: Deal! But I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.
愛咪:好啊!不過我敢說,你一定會喜歡的。
pretty(adv.)相當、頗、很、非常