
幫助受益人保管資產
Jane just got off the phone with her dad. Her roommate Jack walks into the room.
珍剛跟她爸爸通完電話,這時她室友傑克走進房間。
get off the phone=掛電話
Jack: What did your dad say?
傑克:妳爸說了什麼?
Jane: He told me he set up a trust fund for me and my sister.
珍:我爸說他幫我跟我妹設立了信託基金。
Jack: So you’re set for life now?
傑克:所以妳這輩子都不用愁囉?
be set for life=這輩子都不用愁了
Jane: I wish. My family isn’t that wealthy.
珍:但願如此,我家可沒那麼有錢。
wealthy(adj.)富有的
Jack: How much money is in it?
傑克:信託帳戶裡有多少錢?
Jane: He didn’t say. Do trust funds only hold money?
珍:他沒告訴我。信託基金只能保管錢嗎?
Jack: No, they can hold many types of assets, like bonds, real estate, stocks, businesses, etc.
傑克:不,還能保管各種形式的資產,像是證券、不動產、股票、公司等等。
asset(n.)資產
Jane: When can I use it?
珍:我什麼時候能用到這筆錢呢?
Jack: I wouldn’t be too eager if I were you.
傑克:我是妳的話就不會急著用了。
eager(adj.)渴望的;熱切的
Jane: Why?
珍:為什麼?
Jack: Trust funds are set up to hold assets for the beneficiaries in the case that the grantor passes away or becomes incapacitated.
傑克:設立信託基金是為了在委託人離世或失能的情況下幫受益人保管資產。
beneficiary(n.)受益人incapacitated(adj.)失能的
Jane: Then who will distribute the trust fund?
珍:那誰會分發那筆信託基金?
distribute(v.)分發;分配;發放
Jack: The grantor chooses a trustee who will be legally responsible for the fund.
傑克:委託人會指定一名保管基金的法定受託人。
legally(adv.)合法地;按照法律illegally(adv.)非法地;違法地be responsible for sth.=負責…
Jane: I guess that would be my aunt.
珍:我想那人會是我阿姨。