
省去實體卡的不便
Tom and Anna are traveling in Japan.
湯姆和安娜正在日本旅行。
Anna: Hey Tom! Are you using your phone a lot in Japan?
安娜:嘿,湯姆!你在日本用手機很頻繁嗎?
a lot頻繁地、經常
Tom: Yeah, but I’m not paying extra. I got an eSIM before the trip.
湯姆:是啊,但我沒有多付錢。我出發前就弄好了eSIM。
extra(adv.)(adj.)額外地(的)
Anna: eSIM? What’s that?
安娜:eSIM?那是什麼?
Tom: It’s a digital SIM card. I scanned the QR code and put it on my phone at home. Now I can use the internet here.
湯姆:它是一種數位SIM卡。我在家掃描QR碼並安裝在手機上。現在我在這裡就可以上網。
digital camera數位相機scan(v.)掃描
Anna: Oh, so I don’t need a new SIM card in every country?
安娜:喔,那我就不用在每個國家都換SIM卡了?
country(n.)國家
Tom: Exactly! Some eSIMs work in many countries. I just turned it on when I arrived.
湯姆:沒錯!有些eSIM可以在很多國家用。我一到就開啟就好。
work(v.)運作、有用turn on打開arrive(v.)抵達、到達
Anna: That sounds easy. Can I get one for my next trip?
安娜:聽起來很簡單。我下次旅行也可以用嗎?
Tom: Sure! Just choose a plan online, scan the QR code, and put it on your phone before you leave.
湯姆:當然!只要在網上選方案,掃QR碼,出發前安裝好就行。
choose(v.)選擇choose N.選擇某物/choose to VR選擇去做/choose between A and B在A和B之間做選擇set off出發
Anna: Perfect! I hate carrying extra SIM cards. I’ll try it next time.
安娜:太好了!我最討厭帶額外的SIM 卡,下次我一定試試。
hate V-ing討厭做某事
Tom: You’ll see. It’s really fast and easy. No more buying SIMs in airports.
湯姆:你會發現真的又快又方便,再也不用在機場買SIM卡了。
fast(adj.)快速的no more不再、再也沒有