
申請疫情補助
May and Guy are roommates. They are talking about the viral outbreak.
梅和蓋伊是室友。 他們正在談論最近的肺炎疫情。
viral(adj.)病毒的、virus(n.)病毒
May: Have you heard? We have over 100 cases right now.
梅:你聽說了嗎?台灣確診案例已經超過100例了。
case(n.)案例
Guy: That’s terrible. Many of my friends have canceled their trips abroad.
蓋伊:太可怕了。 我很多朋友都取消了出國旅行的計畫。
cancel(v.)取消trip abroad出國旅行
May: They should. My sister and I were arguing over the same thing yesterday, actually. I told her to cancel her honeymoon trip to Spain.
梅:應該的。我姐姐和我昨天其實在吵在一樣的事情。我叫她取消去西班牙度蜜月的行程。
argue over為了…爭吵honeymoon trip蜜月旅行
Guy: Wow! Did she?
蓋伊:哇!取消了嗎?
May: She did. I told her the story about that a borough chief in Zhonghe who led a group of people on a trip to Spain.
梅:沒錯。我告訴她那個帶著一群人去西班牙玩的中和里長的故事。
borough chief里長lead-led(v.)帶領
Guy: Everyone is so mad at her. It’s all over the Internet! They were even thinking about taking away her subsidy.
蓋伊:網友們都超生氣!網友甚至想要取消他們的疫情補助。
all over N.全都是subsidy(n.)補助
May: I think that borough chief was asking for it.
梅:真的是里長自找的。
sb was asking for某人自找的
Guy: Yeah. She should know better, considering the situation.
蓋伊:對啊,考量到這種情形,他們應該更有自知之明。
know better有自知之明consider(v.)考慮到situation(n.)情況
May: It’s not fair for all the doctors and nurses on duty. They are working so hard to protect Taiwan from the virus.
梅:這對於所有值班的醫生和護理師不公平。他們正很努力地保護台灣,讓台灣不要受到病毒的侵襲。
fair(adj.)公平的on duty值班中、值勤protect sb. from sth.保護…免受於
Guy: You can say that again! We owe them big time.
蓋伊:完全同意!我們應該要心存感激才對。
owe(v.)欠、owe sb. big time欠很大