
銀行識別代碼
Frank and Matilda are in a long-distance relationship. Frank is in the US, while Matilda is in France.
法蘭克和瑪蒂達是一對遠距交往的情侶。法蘭克在美國,而瑪蒂達在法國。
long-distance 遠距離的
Frank: What’s the matter? Why are you calling me so late?
法蘭克:發生什麼事了?怎麼那麼晚了還打給我?
Matilda: I’m so sorry. I have a big problem. Could you wire me some money? I will pay you back later.
瑪蒂達:抱歉,我遇到了一個大麻煩。你可以匯點錢給我嗎?我之後再還你。
wire(v.)電匯、匯款;給~發電報、(為設備)接上電線
Frank: It’s fine, anything for you. Do I send it to your US account?
法蘭克:可以啊,沒問題。要匯到妳的美國帳戶嗎?
(I’d do) anything for you 我會為你做任何事savings account 存款帳戶fixed deposit account 定存帳戶Facebook account 臉書帳號
Matilda: Can you send it to my account in France?
瑪蒂達:可以匯到我的法國帳戶嗎?
Frank: Ok, then give me your SWIFT.
法蘭克:好的,那給我妳的SWIFT代碼。
Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication 環球銀行金融電信協會
Matilda: My what?
瑪蒂達:我的什麼?
Frank: SWIFT code. It has eight alphanumeric characters, eleven with the bank’s branch code. I need this number to wire money to a foreign account.
法蘭克:銀行識別代碼,是一串由字母和數字組成的8位數代碼,加上銀行分行代碼的話會是11位數。我需要這個號碼才能匯款到國外的帳戶。
alphabet 字母numerical 以數字來表示的branch(n.)分行headquarters 總公司、總部
Matilda: I think it is different in Europe. I have an IBAN instead.
瑪蒂達:我想在歐洲是不一樣的,我反倒是有IBAN代碼。
instead 作為替代
Frank: I know that one. It stands for International Bank Account Number. Just give me all the codes, I will figure out which one is required later.
法蘭克:我知道這個,它是國際銀行帳戶碼的縮寫。把所有代碼都告訴我吧,我待會兒再看看需要的是哪個。
stand for 代表、是~的縮寫;忍受;主張或主持figure out 搞清楚、弄明白require(v.)要求、規定