
開始馬拉松訓練
Miley signed up for a half marathon next year. She is asking Rick for help.
麥莉報名了一個明年舉行的半馬比賽。她正在問瑞克是否能夠幫她。
sign up報名for+N.
Miley: Hey Rick, can I ask you a favor?
麥莉:嘿,瑞克。我可以請你幫一個忙嗎?
favor(n.)一個忙、do me a favor
Rick: Sure. What is it?
瑞克:當然,什麼忙?
Miley: I know you took part in many marathons before.
麥莉:我知道你之前參加過很多馬拉松比賽。
take part in參加before之前、先前
Rick: How do you know that?
瑞克:你怎麼知道?
Miley: Some colleagues mentioned it. Could you help me with my training? I’m just a beginner.
麥莉:同事跟說的。你可以幫我訓練嗎?我才剛剛開始跑馬拉松。
colleague=co-worker同事mention(v.)提到help sb. with sth.幫某人某事beginner(n.)初學者
Rick: Sure. Let’s start from tomorrow then.
瑞克:當然,我們明天就開始吧。
let′s=let us讓我們+RVstart(v.)開始
Miley: Wow, that soon!
麥莉:這麼快!
soon(adv.)快、不久
Rick: Time doesn’t wait for anyone. Let’s meet at the riverside park at 4 a.m.
瑞克:時間不等人,明天早上四點河濱公園見。
riverside park河濱公園
Miley: 4 a.m.? Are you kidding?
麥莉:四點?你在開玩笑嗎?
kid(v.)開玩笑
Rick: No, I’m not. Put on your sneakers. Let’s go for a run.
瑞克:沒有。穿上球鞋,我們要認真跑起來!
put on穿上sneakers球鞋go for a run去跑步