
兩岸千家企業排第三
Billie and George are colleagues. They are chatting.
比莉和喬治是同事。他們在聊天。
Billie: Did you get the job offer from TSMC?
比莉:你收到台積電的錄取通知了嗎?
job offer工作邀約、工作機會
George: I’m still waiting for the result. I’m a bit on edge.
喬治:我還在等結果。我有點緊張。
result(n.)結果be on edge坐立難安、edge(n.)邊緣
Billie: Don’t worry. I’m sure that you did well at the interview.
比莉:不用擔心啦。你在面試時表現一定不錯。
interview(n.)面試
George: I hope so. I really want to get into TSMC. It won third place among 1000 businesses all across the Taiwan Strait.
喬治:希望如此。我真的很想進台積電,它在兩岸地區千家企業中名列第三。
win-won-won(v.)贏得place(n.)名次
Billie: What are the other two companies that are ahead of TSMC? Are they both Chinese companies?
比莉:另外兩間是什麼公司?都是中國公司嗎?
be ahead of在…之前
George: Yes. They are Alibaba and Tencent, which comes as no surprise.
喬治:是的,阿里巴巴和騰訊,完全不意外。
come as no surprise意料之內、不意外
Billie: But it is still something that TSMC can beat so many companies to come in third.
比莉:不過台積電可以擊敗這麼多公司,成為第三名也是滿了不起的。
something(n.)了不起的事、somebody(n.)大人物beat(v.)擊敗come in名次來到
George: You’re right. So, I really hope I can get the offer.
喬治:沒錯,所以我真的很希望能夠收到錄取通知。