
韓國新創意
Chris and Carol are hanging out.
克里斯和卡蘿正在一起消磨時間。
hang out聚一聚
Chris: I’m going to South Korea next week. Should I get you anything?
克里斯:我下週要去韓國,要幫你買什麼嗎?
get sb. sth帶~給某人
Carol: Hmm… let me think about it. Right, I’d like some of that soju-flavored toothpaste!
卡蘿:嗯⋯我想想哦!對了,我想要燒酒牙膏!
think about考慮would like想要flavored(adj.)帶有~氣味的
Chris: What? Are you sure? The soju toothpaste?
克里斯:什麼?你確定嗎?燒酒牙膏?
sure(adj.)確定的
Carol: Yes! I’m wondering how it will feel to leave my mouth clean with the burning taste of soju.
卡蘿:沒錯!我想知道用燒酒一般嗆辣的口味來清潔牙齒是什麼感覺。
wonder(v.)想知道leave sth adj.使保持在某狀態burning(adj.)辣的taste(n.)味道
Chris: That’s so weird. Something that tastes like soju, but it’s actually toothpaste…
克里斯:那超怪的,這東西吃起來像燒酒,但實際上卻是牙膏⋯
weird(adj.)詭異的、奇怪的=strangeactually(adv.)其實
Carol: Guess what? The packaging also looks like a bottle of soju!
卡蘿:你知道嗎?那牙膏還看起來像瓶燒酒呢!
packaging(n.)包裝材料package(n.)包裹package(v.)包裝
Chris: Oh boy! I’m definitely not going to try it!
克里斯:天啊!我絕對不要嘗試那東西。
definitely(adv.)肯定、絕對
Carol: Why not? It’s always interesting to give something new a shot, even if it is weird!
卡蘿:為什麼不呢?就算很奇怪,不過嘗試新事物是很有趣的耶!
interesting(adj.)有趣的give sth a shot=give sth a try試試看even if即使