
消化不良
It’s Monday morning at the office, the day after the winter solstice.
今天是星期一早上,在辦公室裡,正好是冬至的隔天。
Amy: Good morning, Ben. How are you today?
艾咪:早安,班,你今天怎麼樣?
Ben: Morning, Amy. I’m okay… a little tired.
班:早安,艾咪。還可以啦⋯⋯有點累。
a little一點點tired(adj.)累的be tired out累壞了/be tired of…對~感到厭倦
Amy: Monday again, right?
艾咪:又是星期一,對吧?
Ben: Yeah. And I ate too much last night.
班:對啊,而且我昨晚吃太多了。
eat(v.)吃eat out在外用餐/eat up吃光eat like a bird吃得很少/eat like a horse吃得很多last(adj.)上一次的
Amy: Really? What did you eat?
艾咪:真的嗎?你吃了什麼?
Ben: Tangyuan. Yesterday was the winter solstice.
班:湯圓。昨天是冬至。
Amy: Oh! Sweet tangyuan?
艾咪:喔!甜湯圓嗎?
Ben: Yes. Very sweet. Very good… but I ate too many.
班:對,很甜,很好吃……但吃太多。
Amy: Uh-oh. Do you feel okay now?
艾咪:糟糕,那你現在還好嗎?
Ben: Not really. My stomach hurts a little.
班:不太好,我肚子有點痛。
stomach(n.)胃、肚子lose one’s stomach忍受不了、無法承受turn one’s stomach讓人作嘔、感到厭惡
Amy: Oh no. Maybe drink some warm water or eat some yogurt.
艾咪:糟了,也許喝點溫水,或吃點優格吧。
Ben: Good idea. No tangyuan today.
班:好主意,今天不吃湯圓了。
Amy: Haha! Winter solstice is over.
艾咪:哈哈,冬至已經過了啦。
over(adj.)結束的