
向明天借體力
Emma: (yawning) Ugh… I’m so tired. I had two energy drinks last night.
艾瑪:(打哈欠)唉⋯⋯我好累喔。我昨晚喝了兩罐能量飲。
Leo: Two? That’s not energy; that’s trouble in a can.
里歐:兩罐?那不是能量,是「麻煩罐頭」。
can(n.)罐子、罐頭
Emma: Hey, I just wanted to stay awake and finish my homework.
艾瑪:嘿,我只是想熬夜寫完作業嘛。
stay awake保持清醒、不睡覺
Leo: I’m a med student. We learned that too much caffeine makes your heart race, keeps you awake, and guess what — makes you even more tired later.
里歐:我是醫學院學生啊。我們學過咖啡因太多會讓心跳加快、睡不著,然後,你猜怎麼著?之後更累。
caffeine(n.)咖啡因caffeine intake咖啡因攝取量race(v.)快速移動、競速race sb. to place與某人比賽去某地
Emma: So that’s why I feel like a zombie today.
艾瑪:原來這就是我今天像殭屍的原因。
Leo: Exactly. Energy drinks just borrow energy from tomorrow.
里歐:沒錯,能量飲就是跟明天借體力。
borrow…from…向~借用~
Emma: Oh no… so tomorrow I’ll be broke and sleepy?
艾瑪:天啊⋯⋯所以明天我會體力耗盡又想睡?
broke(adj.)體力耗盡的、沒錢的
Leo: Yep. The best “energy drink” is actually eight hours of sleep.
里歐:沒錯。最棒的「能量飲料」其實就是睡滿八小時。
sleep(n.)睡眠
Emma: Fine. From now on, my fridge will only have water… and maybe chocolate.
艾瑪:好啦,以後我冰箱只放水…還有巧克力。
from now on從現在起、今後
Leo: As your future doctor, I approve.
里歐:以未來醫生的身分,我批准。
approve(v.)批准、認可approve of同意、贊成