
運動不如追劇
Peter and Susan are roommates. It is Saturday afternoon.
彼得和蘇珊是室友,現在是星期六下午。
roommate(n.)室友
Peter: Hey, Susan. Look how sunny it is. Let’s ride a bicycle around the riverside park.
彼得:嘿,蘇珊,看看現在多晴朗啊,我們去河堤公園騎腳踏車吧。
ride a bicycle騎腳踏車riverside(adj.)河邊的
Susan: Don’t you think it’s too hot to go outside?
蘇珊:你不覺得現在太熱不適合去外面嗎?
too…to… 太⋯以致於不能⋯
Peter: No. There is a light breeze near the riverbank.
彼得:不會啊,河岸附近有微風徐徐吹來。
breeze(n.)微風riverbank(n.)河堤
Susan: My skin gets sunburned easily no matter what.
蘇珊:我的皮膚不管怎樣很容易曬傷的。
sunburn(v.,n.)曬傷、曬黑no matter what不管怎樣
Peter: Then, how about going at night? After the sun goes down, it won’t be that hot.
彼得:那麼,我們晚上去怎樣?太陽下山後就不會那麼熱了。
Susan: Well, my feet are so sore that I won’t be able to keep up with you.
蘇珊:我的腳太痠了,沒辦法趕上你的。
sore(adj.)痠痛的keep up with跟上、趕上so…that…如此⋯以致於⋯
Peter: Come on. The only thing you did today was be glued to the screen and watch that silly series for hours. Where are your sore feet coming from?
彼得:拜託,你今天唯一做的一件事,就是目不轉睛地盯著螢幕看那部蠢劇好幾個小時,怎麼會腳痠?
glue(v.)用膠黏screen(n.)螢幕series(n.)系列節目
Susan: It’s not silly at all. I can learn some Korean by watching it.
蘇珊:那才不是蠢劇哩,我可以一邊學一些韓語。
silly(adj.)愚蠢的
Peter: All right, suit yourself. I shall go without you.
彼得:好吧,隨便你,我自己去也行。
suit yourself隨便你(表幽默或生氣)