
善意的溝通
Ben and Avery are chatting on Zoom.
班和艾薇在Zoom上聊天。
Ben: Hey! How have you been? Have you gotten used to working from home?
班:嘿!近來怎樣?習慣在家工作嗎?
get or become or be used to doing sth.習慣某事used to RV以前習慣
Avery: I have no problem with that. It’s my mom.
艾薇:在家工作是沒問題,問題是我媽。
have problem with sth.對什麼事情有意見
Ben: What happened? You don’t get along?
班:發生什麼事了?你們處不好嗎?
get along處得來
Avery: We’ve been arguing since I moved back home.
艾薇:自從我搬回家以來,我們就一直在吵架。
have been Ving現在完成進行式argue(v.)爭吵since自從
Ben: What were you arguing about?
班:都在吵什麼?
Avery: Everything, like who is going to do the dishes, do the laundry, and so on. She said some really mean things as well.
艾薇:任何事情,例如誰要洗碗、洗衣服等等。她也常說一些很傷人的話。
and so on=and so forth等等、諸如此類mean(adj.)惡毒的
Ben: Let me share a post by Sonia Sui. She has some good advice about how to get along with your family during this time.
班:我分享隋棠的貼文給你看。她對在防疫期間如何跟家人相處有些很好的建議。
advice(n.)建議、a piece of advice
Avery: Is she that famous model?
艾薇:是那個模特兒嗎?
famous(adj.)有名的
Ben: Yes. You should tell your mom how her words make you feel. A nice, friendly, calm conversation is what you guys need now.
班:對,你應該告訴媽媽她的話給你什麼樣的感受。你們現在需要善意、友好且冷靜的對話來溝通。
word(n.)言語friendly(adj.)友善的calm(adj.)冷靜的、stay calm or calm downconversation(n.)對話
Avery: I got it. I’ll try.
艾薇:我明白了。我會試試看。