
外食也沒問題
Leo is having a conversation with his dietitian, Melody.
里奧正在跟他的營養師美樂蒂對話。
dietitian(n.)營養師diet(n.)飲食go on a diet節食diet(adj.)低糖的、低脂的a diet coke健怡可樂
Leo: Hi Melody, I want to eat more vegetables to help with my bowel movements. Can you help?
里奧:嗨,美樂蒂,我想多吃些蔬菜,幫助排便。你可以幫忙嗎?
bowel(n.)腸子
Melody: Sure Leo! Eating more veggies is great for your health. Do you have any favorites?
美樂蒂:當然可以,里奧!多吃蔬菜對健康很好。你有喜歡的蔬菜嗎?
veggie(n.)素食者veggie(adj.)素食的health(n.)健康be in good(poor) health身體好(不好)
Leo: I like carrots and broccoli, but I want to try more.
里奧:我喜歡吃紅蘿蔔和花椰菜,但我想試試其他的。
Melody: That’s great! You can also try spinach and bell peppers. They’re tasty and good for you.
美樂蒂:太好了!你也可以試試菠菜和甜椒,它們不僅美味,而且對身體有益。
tasty(adj.)美味的、好吃的taste(n.)味道
Leo: Sounds good! I can include them in my dishes at home. But how about when I eat out?
里奧:聽起來不錯!在家我可以把它們加進菜裡。但外出用餐怎麼辦?
include(v.)包含、加入dish(n.)一道菜dishes碗盤、餐具eat out外出用餐 =dine outdine(v.)用餐
Melody: You can ask for extra veggies in your meals or choose dishes with lots of veggies, like stir-fries.
美樂蒂:你可以要求多加一些蔬菜,或者選擇有很多蔬菜的菜餚,像是炒菜。
stir-fry(v.)翻炒
Leo: That’s a good idea. Are there other ways I can get more veggies?
里奧:那是個好主意。還有其他方法可以增加蔬菜攝取量嗎?
Melody: Absolutely! Snacking on raw veggies like cucumber or carrot sticks is an easy way to up your intake.
美樂蒂:當然有!把小黃瓜或胡蘿蔔條等生菜當零食吃,這種簡單的吃法也可以增加你的蔬菜攝取量。
snack on吃~當零食up(v.)提高,增加intake(n.)攝取量take in理解、吸收
Leo: Your tips sound simple enough. I’ll give them a try. Thank you.
里奧:你的建議聽起來好簡單。我會試試看的。謝謝你。
give sth. a try試試看、給某東西一個機會
Melody: You’re welcome, Leo! Enjoy your veggies!
美樂蒂:不客氣,里奧!好好享用你的蔬菜吧!