
電價要漲了?
Lina and Wesley are friends. They are chatting.
莉娜和威斯理是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Lina: Hey, did you hear? Electricity prices are going up next month.
莉娜:欸,你有聽說嗎?下個月電價要漲了耶。
electricity(n.)電力、電能go up上升go down下降=fall
Wesley: Yeah, I saw that. Something like a six percent increase, right?
威斯理:有啊,我有看到新聞。好像要漲6%對吧?
increase(n.)增加、上漲decrease(n.)下降
Lina: Yep. For most homes, that’s over a hundred dollars more every month.
莉娜:對啊,一般家庭一個月大概要多付一百多塊。
Wesley: It’s not a huge amount, but it adds up.
威斯理:雖然不算多,可是累積起來也不少耶。
amount(n.)數量add up加總
Lina: Exactly. That’s why my family is trying to save more energy now.
莉娜:就是啊。所以我們家現在開始更注意省電了。
Wesley: Like how?
威斯理:怎麼做?
Lina: We’re turning off lights, using fans instead of the AC, and unplugging appliances we’re not using.
莉娜:像是隨手關燈啊,用電風扇代替冷氣,還有不用的電器記得拔插頭。
instead of代替、而不是AC(air conditioning)空調unplug(v.)拔掉插頭appliance(n.)家用電器
Wesley: Nice. I should do that too. My dad always says our electric bill is too high anyway.
威斯理:不錯耶,我也來做。我爸一直說我們家電費太高了。
bill(n.)帳單pick up the bill付帳單tax bill稅單
Lina: Same here. And saving energy helps the planet, so it’s a win-win.
莉娜:我們家也一樣。而且省電又環保,雙贏啊。
eco-friendly(adj.)環保的
Wesley: True. Maybe we can do something at school — like a “save energy” week.
威斯理:說得對。也許我們可以在學校辦個活動,像是「節能週」什麼的。
Lina: That would be awesome!
莉娜:那超讚的!