
在咖啡店讀書
Martin is studying in a cafe. A waiter comes over to talk to him.
馬丁正在咖啡店讀書。服務生走過來跟他說話。
study(v.)讀書come over過來
Waiter: Hi, sir. How are you today?
服務生:你好,先生。你今天好嗎?
How are you doing?你好嗎?
Martin: Hi! I’m good, thanks. Just studying.
馬丁:你好!我很好,謝謝。我在讀書。
study for an exam準備考試study hard用功讀書
Waiter: That’s nice! But you stayed here for two hours.
服務生:很好!可是你已經坐了兩個小時了。
stay(v.)停留、待在(某處)
Martin: Oh, really? I didn’t pay attention to the time.
馬丁:喔,真的嗎?我沒注意時間。
pay attention to注意、留意
Waiter: Yes. Our cafe asks customers to stay only two hours.
服務生:是的。我們咖啡廳只讓客人待兩小時。
customer(n.)顧客customer service客服ask sb. to VR請某人做某事
Martin: I see. What should I do now?
馬丁:我知道了。我現在該怎麼辦?
Waiter: You can buy another drink and stay more time.
服務生:你可以再買一杯飲料,就可以多待一會兒。
another(det.)(pron.)另一個的、再一個的
Martin: That sounds good! Can I get a coffee, please?
馬丁:聽起來不錯!麻煩再給我一杯咖啡好嗎?
a cup/mug of coffee一杯/一杯馬克杯咖啡
Waiter: Sure! I will bring it soon.
服務生:好的!我馬上送來。
bring(v.)帶來bring sb./sth. to…把某人/某物帶到…bring sth. for sb.帶某物給某人soon(adv.)很快
(The waiter serves the coffee.)
(服務生送上咖啡)
serve sth. to sb./ serve sb. sth.提供…給某人server(n.)服務生waiter(n.)男服務生waitress(n.)女服務生
Martin: Thank you! I like this cafe. It’s quiet and nice.
馬丁:謝謝!我喜歡這家咖啡廳,很安靜也很舒服。
quiet(adj.)安靜的
Waiter: We’re happy to hear that! Enjoy!
服務生:聽你這麼說我們很開心!請慢用。
Martin: Thanks a lot!
馬丁:非常感謝!