
記得在台中轉車
Samantha is on a train. The ticket inspector is checking people’s tickets.
莎曼珊在火車上,驗票員正在驗票。
train(n.)火車ticket(n.)票券inspector(n.)檢查員check(v.)檢查
Ticket inspector: Tickets please!
驗票員:請出示票券。
ticket(n.)票券
Samantha: Here you go.
莎曼珊:這邊。
Ticket inspector: This is a student ticket. May I see your student ID please?
驗票員:這是學生票,能給我看一下你的學生證嗎?
ticket(n.)票券student ID學生證
Samantha: Of course. It’s in my suitcase.
莎曼珊:當然,在我的行李箱裡。
suitcase(n.)行李箱
(Samantha takes her bag down from the bag rack and shows the inspector her ID)
(莎曼珊把她的包包從行李架上拿下來,給驗票員看她的學生證。)
rack(n.)架子show(v.)展示inspector(n.)檢查員
Ticket inspector: Thank you. Now your ticket says you are going to Pingtung, so remember you need to change trains at Taichung.
驗票員:謝謝。這張票是到屏東,你要記得在台中轉車。
ticket(n.)票券remember(v.)記得change(v.)換車train(n.)火車
Samantha: Really? But I thought this was a direct train to Pingtung.
莎曼珊:是喔?但我以為這是到屏東的直達車。
direct(adj.)直達的train(n.)火車
Ticket inspector: No, this train terminates at Tainan. Also, you are sitting in the wrong seat. Your ticket is for 12A, which is two rows back.
驗票員:不是,這班列車的終點站是台南。而且妳坐錯位子了,妳的票是12A,應該在後面兩排。
terminate(v.)結束、停止wrong(adj.)錯誤的seat(n.)位子ticket(n.)票券row(n.)排、列
Samantha: Is 12A a window seat or an aisle seat?
莎曼珊:12A是靠窗還是靠走道?
window(n.)窗戶seat(n.)位子aisle(n.)走道
Ticket inspector: It’s an aisle seat, but it doesn’t look like anyone is seated back there at the moment. I’m sure nobody would mind if you sat by the window.
驗票員:是靠走道。但是看起來那邊現在沒人坐,應該不會有人介意妳坐在窗邊的位子。
aisle(n.)走道seat(n.)位子mind(v.)介意
Samantha: Thanks for the advice!
莎曼珊:謝謝你的建議!
thanks for sth為了某事感謝advice(n.)意見、建議