
購買咖啡半價
Bobby and Susan just watched a play. They are walking out of the theater.
鮑比和蘇珊剛看完一齣戲,他們正走出劇院。
play(n.)舞台劇;戲劇theater(n.)劇院電影院=movie theater
Bobby: What do you think about the show?
鮑比:你覺得這齣戲怎麼樣?
Susan: I was moved to tears.
蘇珊:我感動得落淚了呢。
be moved to tears=令人感動落淚
Bobby: The ending was a good twist.
鮑比:結局的反轉很棒。
twist(n.)扭轉;轉折
Susan: True. What are we going to do with our ticket stubs?
蘇珊:確實。票根要怎麼處理?
Bobby: We can get a cup of coffee at half price.
鮑比:我們可以以半價購買一杯咖啡。
half(n.)(adj.)一半(的)at full price=原價
Susan: Or get 30% off the next show.
蘇珊:或者下次購票打七折。
off(adv.)扣除;減去
Bobby: Can we turn in one stub for both deals?
鮑比:我們能用一張票根兌換兩項優惠嗎?
turn in=交出deal(n.)優惠(價格)
Susan: No. One stub for either one.
蘇珊:不行,一張票根只能兌換其中一項優惠。
either(det.)兩者其中之一either A or B=A或B其中一個
Bobby: Why don’t we use our stubs for each deal?
鮑比:要不我們各自兌換一項優惠?
Susan: Good idea.
蘇珊:好主意。