
車廂內不許飲食
Sammy and Owen are roommates. The Lunar New Year is coming.
珊米和歐文是室友。農曆新年快到了。
Sammy: Have you booked the HSR ticket back to Chiayi?
珊米:你訂好回嘉義的高鐵票了嗎?
book(v.)預訂
Owen: No, I haven’t. I almost forgot about it.
歐文:還沒有。我都快忘了這件事。
Sammy: I want to remind you that there won’t be any non-reserved tickets this year.
珊米:提醒你今年不會賣自由座的票喔。
remind(v.)提醒
Owen: What about TRA?
歐文:那台鐵呢?
TRA=Taiwan Railways Administration台鐵
Sammy: The number of passengers who don’t have seat tickets will be limited as well.
珊米:持站票的乘客數量也會限制。
number(n.)數目、數量passenger(n.)乘客seat ticket座位票limit(v.)限制、(n.)上限、speed limit限速
Owen: Alright then. Looks like it will be a long ride home.
歐文:好吧。回家看起來是個漫長的旅程。
ride(n.)一乘、一趟
Sammy: And keep in mind that you are not allowed to eat or drink on trains.
珊米:也要記住火車上一律不允許飲食。
keep in mind記住be allowed to do sth.允許
Owen: Wow, I should have a big meal before boarding then.
歐文:哇,我上車前應該先飽餐一頓。
a big meal大餐board(v.)上車、登機
Sammy: You should. Let’s hope we can get tickets with ease.
珊米:的確。希望我們能輕輕鬆鬆買到返鄉車票。
with ease輕輕鬆鬆=easily