
別讓冬天謀殺身材
People usually gain weight during winter.
大家總是在冬天變胖。
gain(v.)增加weight(n.)重量
Cold weather makes it harder for us to find the motivation to exercise outdoors.
冷冷的天氣讓我們更沒動力外出運動。
motivation(n.)動機、動力exercise(v.)運動outdoors(adv.)戶外地
Also, there are many joyful holidays in winter such as Christmas and Chinese New Year that people use as an excuse to enjoy food together.
加上冬天有許多歡樂的節日,像是耶誕節及農曆過年,大家會以此聚在一起享受食物。
joyful(adj.)歡樂的excuse(n.)藉口
What should we do to avoid weight gain?
我們該怎麼做才能避免冬季發胖呢?
avoid(v.)避免weight(n.)重量gain(n.)增加
Here are some tips from recent studies.
以下是幾個近期研究中的小妙招。
study(n.)研究
1. Have Breakfast
1. 吃早餐
Breakfast gives you energy in the morning so that you won’t overeat later.
早餐會在一早就給你能量,這樣一來,剩下的時間變比較不會暴飲暴食。
energy(n.)能量overeat(v.)吃過多
Your breakfast should include different foods.
一份早餐中應該有包含不同食物。
include(v.)包含
This can help you to consume essential vitamins and minerals.
如此,可以幫助你攝取必須的維他命與礦物質。
consume(v.)攝取essential(adj.)必要的vitamin(n.)維生素mineral(n.)礦物質
2. Drink Warm Water
2. 喝溫水
Drinking warm water is good for your body.
喝溫水對身體好。
Not only does it boost the metabolism but it is also said to reduce appetite.
不僅能促進新陳代謝,據說還能降低食慾。
boost(v.)促進metabolism(n.)新陳代謝reduce(v.)減少、降低appetite(n.)食慾、胃口
3. Massage Your Ears
3. 按摩耳朵
massage(v.)按摩
There are many acupuncture points on your ears.
耳朵上有許多穴道。
acupuncture(n.)針灸,acupuncture point穴道
Massaging your ears can stimulate some of your nerves and reduce your appetite.
按摩耳朵可以刺激一些神經,降低食慾。
massage(v.)按摩stimulate(v.)刺激nerve(n.)神經reduce(v.)減少、降低appetite(n.)食慾、胃口