
不敢想像的電費帳單
Rick and Gina are roommates. They are in the living room.
瑞克和吉娜是室友。他們在客廳。
living room客廳
Rick: Can we turn on the air conditioner?
瑞克:我們可以開冷氣嗎?
air conditioner or AC冷氣機
Gina: Sure. It’s so hot inside the house.
吉娜:當然。屋子裡太熱了。
Rick: Which temperature should I set?
瑞克:溫度要設幾度?
temperature(n.)溫度set(v.)設定
Gina: You should set it between 26 to 28 degrees. It can save more power.
吉娜:設在26到28度之間,更省電。
degree(n.)度power(n.)電力
Rick: Should we turn on the fan as well?
瑞克:要開電風扇嗎?
fan(n.)風扇
Gina: Yes, it will make the room cooler.
吉娜:要,這樣會讓房間涼一點。
Rick: I can’t even begin to picture the numbers on the electricity bill next month.
瑞克:我根本不敢想像下個月的電費帳單了。
begin to RV開始picture(v.)想像number(n.)數字electricity bill電費單
Gina: Don’t worry. We just replaced our old air conditioner with a new one with better energy efficiency.
吉娜:別擔心。我們剛換了一個能源效率更高的新冷氣。
replace A with B用B換Aenergy efficiency能源效率
Rick: That can save us a lot of money?
瑞克:那可以省很多錢?
save money省錢
Gina: Yes. Also, by setting the temperature one degree higher, it can reduce the power it needs by 6%. We should keep that in mind all summer.
吉娜:對啊。另外,通過每調高1度溫度,就可以省6%電力。我們整個夏天都要留意一下。
reduce(v.)減少keep sth. in mind記住、留意