
好消息還是麻煩?
Melissa is talking to her husband Charlie about their children’s school calendar.
梅麗莎正在和她的丈夫查理討論孩子們的學校行事曆。
calendar(n.)行事曆
Melissa: Did you see the news about the school calendar next year?
梅麗莎:你有看到明年學校行事曆的新聞嗎?
news(n.)新聞、消息latest news最新消息fake news假新聞big news重大新聞
Charlie: Yes, I did. They want to move three school days to before winter break, right?
查理:有啊。他們打算把三天上課日移到寒假前,對吧?
Melissa: That’s right. From January 21 to 23. So after winter break, the kids won’t need to go to school for three days before Chinese New Year.
梅麗莎:沒錯,是1月21到23日。這樣寒假後,孩子們就不用再上三天課才放農曆年假了。
Charlie: I think that’s better. It’s hard to plan a trip with only three days of school in between.
查理:我覺得這樣比較好。中間只卡三天課很難安排旅行。
in between之間
Melissa: I agree. If we want to travel, we don’t need to ask for extra leave now.
梅麗莎:我同意。如果我們想出國,就不用另外請假了。
travel(v.)旅遊travel light輕裝旅行tour(v.)旅遊、觀光、遊覽、巡迴ask for leave請假extra(adj.)額外的
Charlie: But won’t it be strange for students to study second semester lessons before the break?
查理:不過寒假前先上第二學期的課,不會怪怪的嗎?
strange(adj.)奇怪的、陌生的、身體不舒服的、不自在的semester(n.)學期
Melissa: Maybe. They also need to get the new textbooks early.
梅麗莎:可能會。他們還得提早拿到新的課本。
textbook(n.)課本
Charlie: Let’s hope the school can arrange everything well.
查理:希望學校可以安排好一切。
arrange(v.)安排
Melissa: Yes, and I hope the kids don’t lose their books during the holiday!
梅麗莎:對啊,我還希望孩子們寒假別把課本弄丟!
lose(v.)弄丟、失去lose one’s mind失去理智、崩潰、情緒失控