
火雞自己進烤箱
Owen and Wade are driving to Owen’s father`s farm.
歐文和韋德正開車去歐文爸爸的農場。
drive(v.)開車farm(n.)農場
Wade: Thank you so much for inviting me over for Thanksgiving.
韋德:非常感謝你邀請我去你家過感恩節。
invite(v.)邀請、invite sb. overThanksgiving感恩節
Owen: No problem. My father is a really nice guy.
歐文:沒問題。我父親是一個非常和善的人。
Wade: So, will there be a roast turkey?
韋德:那麼會有烤火雞吃嗎?
roast turkey烤火雞
Owen: Yes! In fact, we could use your help.
歐文:當然!其實,我們需要你的幫助。
in fact=actually事實上use(v.)利用、需要
Wade: Really? I can’t cook.
韋德:真的嗎?我又不會煮飯。
cook(v.)煮飯
Owen: We need men to catch the turkey.
歐文:我們需要有人來抓火雞。
catch(v.)抓
Wade: A real turkey?
韋德:真的火雞?
Owen: Of course! It won’t just go inside and get into the oven by itself. There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch, bro.
歐文:當然啊。火雞又不會自己進烤箱。天下沒有免費的午餐啊。
oven(n.)烤箱
Wade: Wow! I don’t even know what a live turkey looks like.
韋德:哇!我甚至不知道火雞長什麼樣子。
live(adj.)活生生的
Owen: You will soon.
歐文:很快就會知道了。