
幫牠找主人
Peter and Wendy are a couple. They are taking a walk in their neighborhood.
彼得和溫蒂是夫妻。他們正在他們的社區散步。
take a walk散步
Peter: Hey, Wendy! Look, there is a cat hiding under the car. It looks scared.
彼得:嘿,溫蒂!看,車底下有隻貓,看起來好害怕。
there is…有…
Wendy: Oh no! Should we help the cat? Maybe it’s lost?
溫蒂:喔不!我們應該幫助牠嗎?也許牠迷路了?
lost(adj.)迷路的、走失的
Peter: I’m not sure. Let’s go closer slowly. We shouldn’t scare it more.
彼得:我不確定。我們慢慢靠近,不要再嚇到牠了。
close(adj.)靠近的;接近的scare(v.)使驚嚇
Wendy: Good idea. Hey, kitty! Come here, kitty! Don’t be afraid.
溫蒂:好主意。嘿,貓貓!過來,貓貓!別怕。
cat(n.)貓kitty(n.)小貓dog(n.)狗puppy(n.)小狗afraid(adj.)害怕的
Peter: Look, it’s coming out slowly. Maybe it’s hungry. Do we have any food for it?
彼得:看,牠慢慢走出來了。也許牠餓了。我們有食物給牠嗎?
maybe(adv.)或許=perhapsit(pron.)牠
Wendy: I think I have some cat food at home. We can give it that.
溫蒂:我想我家裡有一些貓糧。我們可以給牠。
food(n.)食物can(n.)罐頭
Peter: Great! Let’s take it home and give it food and water.
彼得:太好了!我們把牠帶回家,給牠食物和水。
take(v.)帶
Wendy: Yes, and we can also make some signs to find its owner. Someone may be looking for their cat.
溫蒂:對,我們還可以做一些告示,找找牠的主人。也許有人正在找牠的貓。
sign(n.)標誌、告示owner(n.)主人look for找尋;尋找
Peter: That’s true. We should help them find each other. And if we can’t find the owner, can we keep the cat?
彼得:沒錯。我們應該幫助他們團聚。如果找不到主人,我們可以收養牠嗎?
each other(兩者之間)彼此;互相one another(三者以上)彼此;互相keep(v.)養(寵物)
Wendy: Of course, Peter. We’ll give it a loving home.
溫蒂:當然,彼得。我們會給牠一個有愛的家。
loving(adj.)有愛的