
消失的約會對象
Ronny didn’t leave his apartment for a week. Ruth is checking on him.
羅尼已經有一個禮拜沒踏出家門了。露絲正在關心他。
leave(v.)離開check on檢查、確認
Ruth: Hey, are you okay? Oh! What’s that smell? Did you take a shower this week?
露絲:嘿,你還好嗎?天啊,那什麼味道?你這禮拜有洗澡嗎?
smell(n.)氣味shower(n., v.)沖澡
Ronny: Hey.
羅尼:嘿。
Ruth: What’s going on?
露絲:你怎麼了?還好嗎?
Ronny: Do you know that girl that I was dating? I didn’t hear from her after our last date.
羅尼:你記得我之前約會的那個女生嗎?那次約會之後,她就消失了。
date(v.)約會hear from sb.聯絡、聽到消息
Ruth: Oh, poor you.
露絲:噢噢,我可憐的羅尼!
poor(adj.)可憐的
Ronny: I am just too sad to go anywhere. I guess I’ll just sit at home and rot.
羅尼:我傷心到哪裡都不想去。我想就這樣待在家裡軟爛。
too+adj.+to RV太如何以至於rot(v.)腐爛
Ruth: Hey, listen to me. You’re a great guy.
露絲:嘿,聽我說,你是個很棒的人。
listen to sb.聽誰說
Ronny: Am I?
羅尼:我是嗎?。
Ruth: Come on, pull yourself together. You’ll find someone.
露絲:來,振作一點。你一定會找到適合的人。
pull oneself together振作、打起精神、恢復鎮定
Ronny: Will I?
羅尼:我會嗎?
Ruth: Of course! There are plenty more fish in the sea. Just go have a shower and freshen yourself up first.
露絲:當然。外面還有很多機會跟很棒的人。你還是快先去洗個澡、打理一下自己。
freshen up洗臉、打理自己