
人生如坐雲霄飛車
Diane and Steve are talking about some friends.
黛安與史蒂夫正在聊一些朋友。
Steve: Did you hear about Emily and Alberto?
史蒂夫:妳有聽說關於艾蜜莉和亞伯多的事嗎?
hear(v.)聽說
Diane: No, what happened?
黛安:沒耶,發生什麼事了?
happen(v.)發生
Steve: They called off the wedding!
史蒂夫:他們中止婚禮了!
call sth. off取消、停止、中止
Diane: What?! You mean they cancelled the wedding? Are they not getting married anymore?
黛安:什麼?!你是說他們取消婚禮了嗎?你們不結婚了?
mean(v.)意思是cancel(v.)取消marry(v.)結婚anymore(adv.)再
Steve: I think so. I heard they had a very big fight, and Emily said she doesn’t want to see him ever again.
史蒂夫:我想是的,我聽說他們有很嚴重的爭吵,艾蜜莉說她從此再也不要看到他了。
so(adv.)這樣、如此fight(n.)爭吵、吵架ever(adv.)從來、在任何時候
Diane: Wow, I thought they were really sweet together. It’s so sad that they’re breaking up.
黛安:哇,我以為他們在一起很愉快耶。他們分手真令人遺憾。
sweet(adj.)愉快的、愜意的break up分手
Steve: Well at least you didn’t pick out a dress yet.
史蒂夫:嗯,至少妳還沒挑選禮服。
at least至少pick(v.)挑選yet(adv.)還、尚
Diane: Yes. If I had bought an expensive new dress, then I would be really angry.
黛安:是啊,我果我已經買了一件昂貴的新禮服,那我一定會非常生氣!
if(conj.)假如、如果would(aux.)將、會angry(adj.)憤怒的、生氣的
Steve: That would be annoying. But it would still be better for them to call off the wedding than keep getting into arguments.
史蒂夫:那真的會令人惱怒;但他們取消婚禮還是比持續不斷吵架的好。
annoying(adj.)討厭的、惱人的still(adv.)依然、還是keep(v.)持續get into sth.開始某事argument(n.)爭吵、爭執
Diane: True. Life can be a real roller coaster, can’t it?
戴安:真的;人生可真像是雲霄飛車,對吧?
true(adj.)正確的、確實的real(adj.)真實的roller coaster雲霄飛車
Steve: It really can.
史蒂夫:真的是耶!