
台韓婚俗大不同
Angie and David are a Taiwanese-Korean couple. They are having a conversation.
安琪和大衛是一對台韓夫妻。他們正在對話。
Korean(n.)(adj.)韓國人、韓國的
Angie: David, for your relative’s wedding in Korea, should we give a red envelope or a white envelope?
安琪:大衛,你親戚在韓國的婚禮,我們該送紅包還是白包呢?
relative(n.)親戚
David: In Korea, we give a white envelope for weddings.
大衛:在韓國,婚禮上我們送白包。
Angie: Really? In Taiwan, we give red envelopes.
安琪:真的嗎?在台灣,我們送紅包。
David: Yeah, it’s different. We give the white envelope with cash when we arrive.
大衛:對啊,不一樣,我們抵達時就會送上裡面有現金的白包。
different(adj.)不同的be different from跟~不同arrive(v.)抵達、到達
Angie: How much should we put in it?
安琪:應該要放多少錢進去呢?
David: At least 30,000 won, which is about the cost of the meal. But you can give more, like 50,000 or 100,000 won.
大衛:至少要放3萬韓元,大概是餐費的成本。但你也可以多給,比如5萬或10萬韓元。
at least至少cost(n.)花費、成本cost(v.)花費sth. cost sb.(後加金額):某物花了某人~
Angie: Okay, how about 150,000 won?
安琪:好的,那15萬韓元怎麼樣?
David: That sounds good.
大衛:可以啊。
Angie: Do we need to prepare anything else?
安琪:還需要準備其它東西嗎?
prepare(v.)準備
David: No, just the envelope with the money and your name on the back. They’ll give us vouchers for the buffet.
大衛:不用,只要把錢放進信封,背後寫上你的名字。他們會給我們自助餐的餐券。
voucher(n.)代金券、兌換券、餐券all-you-can-eat buffet自助式吃到飽
Angie: Got it. I’ll get everything ready.
安琪:知道了。我會把東西都準備好。
get sth. ready準備好
David: Thanks, Angie. I’m excited to go to the wedding with you.
大衛:謝謝,安琪。我很期待和你一起參加這場婚禮。
be excited to VR.期待去做
Angie: Me too! It’s going to be beautiful.
安琪:我也是!一定會很美好。
David: Absolutely. Let’s wish the newlyweds all the best.
大衛:一定會的。讓我們祝福新人幸福美滿。
newlywed(n.)新婚者
Angie: Definitely!
安琪:當然!