
午後雷陣雨
Ricky is calling his grandmother on the phone.
瑞奇正打電話給他奶奶。
on the phone with sb.和某人講電話
Ricky: Hello, Grandma! This is Ricky. How are you doing?
瑞奇:哈囉,奶奶,我是瑞奇,你好嗎?
How are you doing?=How are you?
Grandma: Oh hello, Ricky! I’m doing just fine. And you?
奶奶:喔,哈囉,瑞奇啊,我還不錯,你呢?
Ricky: I’m good. What’s the weather like on Alishan today?
瑞奇:我很好。阿里山今天天氣怎麼樣?
What’s the weather like+地方+時間?=How’s the weather+地方+時間?
Grandma: We have heavy clouds and fog today. I think it is going to rain in the afternoon.
奶奶:今天烏雲密布又多霧,我想下午會下雨呢。
fog(n.)霧
Ricky: I miss the cool summer on Alishan so much, and you and grandpa, of course.
瑞奇:我好想念阿里山涼爽的夏天,當然還有你和爺爺啦。
miss(v.)想念
Grandma: You can come visit us this summer vacation.
奶奶:今年暑假你可以來看看我們。
visit(v.)拜訪、探望
Ricky: I’d love to. We can go mountain hiking together.
瑞奇:好啊,我們可以一起去爬山。
go mountain hiking去爬山
Grandma: Sure. Summer here is usually comfortable. We just need to be careful about the afternoon thunder showers.
奶奶:當然好。這裡的夏天通常很舒服,我們只需要注意下午的雷陣雨。
comfortable(adj.)使人舒服的、舒適的be careful about小心⋯thunder shower雷陣雨
Ricky: Then, it’s a deal! You take care, Grandma, and say hello to Grandpa for me.
瑞奇:那就這麼說定囉!奶奶,你保重,替我向爺爺問好。
It’s a deal一言為定take care保重
Grandma: I will. Talk to you soon.
奶奶:我會的,再見。
Talk to you soon.=Goodbye.