
有一條捷徑
Scott is on his way home.
史考特正在回家的路上。
on one’s way在路上home(adv.)回家、到家
Passerby: Excuse me, is this the right way to the Royal Hospital?
路人:打擾一下,請問這是去皇家醫院對的路嗎?
passerby(n.)路人excuse me打擾一下right(adj.)正確的
Scott: Let me see. I know another way faster than this way.
史考特:我看看哦。我知道另一個比這條更快的路。
let(v.)讓know(v.)知道another(det.)別的、另一的fast(adj.)快的、迅速的than(prep.)比
Passerby: Really? Could you tell me, please?
路人:真的嗎?可以請你告訴我嗎?
really(excl.)真的、是嗎could(aux.)可以、能tell(v.)告訴
Scott: Sure, you turn around and go straight for two blocks. When you see the Citi Bank, turn right.
史考特:當然。妳往回走並直走兩個街區;當妳看到花旗銀行時,右轉。
sure(adv.)當然turn(v.)轉向、轉身around(adv.)掉轉straight(adv.)筆直地、直地block(n.)街區when(conj.)當…時right(adv.)向右地、右側地
Passerby: Alright. Turn right when I see the Citi Bank. And then?
路人:好的,看到花旗銀行時右轉;然後呢?
alright(adv.)好的、可以then(adv.)然後、接著
Scott: Go straight until you see a McDonald’s, and make a left turn.
史考特:直走直到妳看到一間麥當勞,並左轉。
until(conj.)直到…時make(v.)做出…的舉動left(adj.)左邊的、左側的turn(n.)轉向、轉彎
Passerby: A right turn on the corner of the Citi Bank, and a left turn on McDonald’s, am I right?
路人:花旗銀行的轉角右轉,在麥當勞左轉,對嗎?
right(adj.)右邊的、右側的corner(n.)角落、轉角
Scott: Correct. The Royal Hospital is on the right, next to the Starbucks.
史考特:正確。皇家醫院在妳右側,星巴克旁。
correct(adj.)正確的right(n.)右邊、右部next(adj.)緊接著的
Passerby: I’ve got it. Thank you so much!
路人:我瞭解了。非常感謝你!
get(v.)懂、了解thank(v.)謝謝、感謝so(adv.)非常、很much(det.)很多、大量