
租金貴、禁寵
Tom and Sarah are friends. They are having a conversation.
湯姆和莎拉是朋友。他們正在對話。
Tom: Hey Sarah, do you live in an apartment?
湯姆:嘿,莎拉,你住公寓嗎?
apartment(n.)公寓=flat
Sarah: Yeah, I do. I am looking for a new place to rent, but it’s hard!
莎拉:是的,我住公寓。我最近在找新房子,但真的很難!
look for尋找
Tom: What’s the problem?
湯姆:怎麼了嗎?
Sarah: The rent is so high! And some places don’t allow pets.
莎拉:房租太高了!而且有些地方不准養寵物。
allow(v.)允許allow sb. to VR允許某人做某事
Tom: Oh no! That’s bad. I had trouble with my landlord last year. He kept raising the rent.
湯姆:哦,真糟糕!我去年也有問題,房東一直漲租金。
landlord(n.)房東renter(n.)租客keep V-ing持續做~raise(v.)提高
Sarah: Ugh, that’s the worst! And finding a place near work is hard too.
莎拉:唉,那是最糟糕的!而且找到離工作近的地方也很難。
worst(adj.)最糟的near(prep.)靠近
Tom: Yeah, it is. But the good news is that there are some good deals if you look carefully.
湯姆:是啊,不過只要仔細找的話,還是有一些不錯的選擇。
good deal低價、划算的價格If + S. 現在式V.:可能發生的情況
Sarah: You’re right! I hope I find a nice place soon.
莎拉:你說得對!希望我很快就能找到一個好地方。
soon(adv.)不久後、很快
Tom: Good luck! I’m sure you’ll find a great one.
湯姆:祝你好運!我相信你一定能找到一個很棒的地方。