
既期待又怕受傷害
Gina and Harry are friends. Gina got some important mail.
吉娜和哈利是朋友。吉娜收到了重要郵件。
important(adj.)重要的mail(n.)郵件
Gina: I’m so nervous. I can’t open it by myself.
吉娜:我好緊張。我沒辦法自己一個人打開這封信。
nervous(adj.)緊張的by oneself=自己一個人完成
Harry: Stop pacing back and forth. Have a seat.
哈利:別再來回踱步了。坐下來吧。
pace(v.)踱步back and forth=來回have a seat=坐下、找個位置坐
Gina: Can you open it for me?
吉娜:你能幫我打開嗎?
Harry: Do you want me to tell you the test result?
哈利:你要我跟你說考試結果嗎?
tell(v.)告知
Gina: Yeah. I’m afraid to see it with my own eyes.
吉娜:對。我怕親眼看到它。
with my own eyes=親眼去~
Harry: Come on. It’s okay. Just open it.
哈利:拜託。沒事的,就打開吧。
Gina: Fine. I can’t wait any longer.
吉娜:好吧。我沒辦法再等下去了。
not…any longer=不再
Harry: What does it say?
哈利:信上怎麼說?
Gina: I passed! I can’t believe it!
吉娜:我通過了!我不敢相信!
pass(v.)通過believe(v.)相信
Harry: I knew you could do it. Congratulations!
哈利:我就知道你做得到。恭喜!
know(v.)知道congratulations=congrats=恭喜