
出人意料!
Amy and David are discussing news about typhoon holidays.
艾咪和大衛在討論關於颱風假的新聞。
David: I can’t believe it. Pingtung has the most typhoon days in the last ten years.
大衛:真不敢相信,屏東在過去十年放颱風假的天數最多。
last(adj.)最近的、最後的
Amy: Really? I always thought Yilan or Taitung would have more.
艾咪:真的嗎?我一直以為宜蘭或台東會比較多。
David: Nope. Pingtung had 26 days!
大衛:不是耶,屏東有26天!
Amy: Do you know which other cities often have typhoon days?
艾咪:對了,你知道其他哪些城市經常放颱風假嗎?
other(det.)其他的every other day每隔一天the other day前幾天=a few days agooften(adv.)經常
David: After Pingtung, Kaohsiung has 25 days, and Tainan has 22 days.
大衛:接在屏東之後,高雄有25天,台南有22天。
Amy: Wow, I didn’t know Tainan had so many typhoon days too.
艾咪:哇,我不知道台南也有這麼多颱風假。
David: Yes, people in southern Taiwan are used to strong typhoons by now.
大衛:對啊,南部的人已經習慣強颱了。
southern(adj.)南方的/south(n.)南方be used to習慣於~by now到現在為止
Amy: I hope everyone in Pingtung and Kaohsiung stays safe. I heard the floods can be serious there.
艾咪:我希望屏東和高雄的人都能安全。我聽說那裡淹水可能很嚴重。
stay+adj.維持~的狀態flood(n.)洪水(一次性事件)/flooding(n.)洪水現象serious(adj.)嚴重的
David: Me too. The news says some roads are closed and local rescue teams are helping people.
大衛:我也是。新聞說有些道路已經封閉,地方救援隊正在幫助居民。
local(adj.)當地的、本地的(n.)當地人rescue team救援隊
Amy: It’s scary, but I’m glad we can stay home and be safe.
艾咪:真的很可怕,但我很高興我們可以安全待在家裡。
David: Yes. Let’s keep checking the news and stay prepared.
大衛:對,讓我們持續注意新聞,也保持戒備。
prepared(adj.)準備好的well-prepared(adj.)充分準備好的