
在床上剝洋蔥?
Linda went to London last month. She is talking to her friend Leo about her trip.
琳達上個月去倫敦旅行。她正跟朋友里歐聊起這趟旅程。
Leo: Hey Linda! Welcome back. I saw your photos online. You went to London, right?
里歐:嘿,琳達!歡迎回來。我在網上有看到你的照片。你去倫敦了,對吧?
Linda: Yes! I went there last month for five days. It was fun, but something strange happened.
琳達:對啊!我上個月去那裡五天。很好玩,但發生了一件怪事。
strange(adj.)不尋常的、陌生的weird(adj.)詭異的
Leo: Really? Tell me!
里歐:真的嗎?快跟我說!
Linda: I stayed in a hostel because I wanted to save money.
琳達:因為我想省錢,所以住青年旅舍。
save(v.)節省、儲存、保留save sth. for sb.為某人留某物
Leo: Oh! Did you meet nice people there?
里歐:喔!你在那裡有遇到好人嗎?
Linda: Yes, but one roommate was very strange.
琳達:有,但是有一個室友很奇怪。
Leo: Really? What did he do?
里歐:真的嗎?他做了什麼?
Linda: One night, he brought many onions into our room. Then he started peeling them on his bed!
琳達:有一天晚上,他帶很多洋蔥進我們房間。然後他開始在床上剝洋蔥!
peel(v.)剝(皮)peel off剝掉/撕下peel back翻開/掀開
Leo: What? In the room? That is so strange!
里歐:什麼?在房間裡?太奇怪了吧!
Linda: Yes! The room smelled like onions. I wanted to sleep, but it was hard.
琳達:對啊!整個房間都是洋蔥味。我想睡覺,但很難睡。
smell like~聞起來像~、有~的味道want to VR想要~
Leo: Wow! That is a trip you will always remember!
里歐:哇!這真是一趟永生難忘的旅行!
remember(v.)記得remember to VR記得去做remember V-ing記得做過