
看守所不能帶的食物
Jolin: Hi Eric, did you hear about the phrase “chicken and duck rice” today?
喬林:嗨,艾瑞克,今天你有聽到「雞鴨飯」這個詞嗎?
Eric: Yes, I did. It’s a hot topic because Ko Wen-je, the leader of the People’s Party, has been detained.
艾瑞克:有啊,這可是超夯的話題。因為民眾黨主席柯文哲被羈押了。
hot topic熱門話題party(n.)政黨detain(v.)拘留、扣押
Jolin: Oh, that’s serious. I saw people eating “chicken and duck rice” today to mark this event.
喬林:哇,事情大條了。我看到有些人應景吃了「雞鴨飯」。
mark(v.)標記、紀念
Eric: That’s right. It’s actually a play on words for being detained. I also heard there are lots of rules for bringing food to the detention center.
艾瑞克:沒錯。這其實是文字遊戲,暗指被拘留。我還聽說帶食物去看守所有很多規定。
play on words文字遊戲rule(n.)規則、規定follow/obey the rules遵守規則break the rules違反規則detention(n.)拘留、關押
Jolin: Really? What are the rules?
喬林:真的假的?有哪些規定呢?
Eric: Well, the food has to be in clear plastic bags and weigh less than two kilograms.
艾瑞克:食物必須放在透明塑膠袋裡,而且重量不能超過2公斤。
weigh(v.)稱重、重量達weight(n.)重量
Jolin: Wow, that’s a lot of rules!
喬林:哇,這規定可真不少!
Eric: It is! And there are also rules to avoid bad luck. For example, you shouldn’t bring sausages. In Taiwanese, “sausage” sounds like “staying longer,” and that is not good.
艾瑞克:是啊!而且還有避免霉運的規定。例如,不可以帶香腸。香腸的台語發音聽起來像「延長」,這樣不好。
sausage(n.)香腸
Jolin: That sounds tricky!
喬林:聽起來真的是有點麻煩!
tricky(adj.)複雜的、棘手的
Eric: It really is!
艾瑞克:真的!