
火鍋的誘惑
Mark and Peter are eating hot pot.
馬克和彼得正在吃火鍋。
hot pot火鍋
Mark: I’ve been waiting for this for a long time.
馬克:我已經等吃火鍋很久了。
Peter: I thought your girlfriend is a big fan of hot pot.
彼得:我以為你女朋友超愛吃火鍋。
a big fan of sth.很喜歡什麼、大粉絲
Mark: Not anymore. She went on a diet after hearing about the crazy standard of weight for people who want to make it into Korean girl groups.
馬克:不再是囉。她聽說了想要加入韓國女團必須達成的瘋狂體重標準後就開始節食了。
diet(n.)飲食習慣、a healthy diet健康飲食、go on a diet節食make it成功到達、成功做到
Peter: Tell me more about it.
彼得:什麼標準啊?
Mark: A person’s height minus 120. That’s the ideal weight.
馬克:一個人的身高減去120。就是你的理想體重。
height(n.)身高minus減去、plus加上
Peter: What!? Unbelievable!
彼得:什麼!真難以置信!
Mark: And apparently, that is not enough. The ideal waistline is one’s height times 0.37.
馬克:很顯然這還不夠。理想的腰圍是身高乘上0.37。
apparently(adv.)顯然waistline(n.)腰圍times乘上
Peter: No wonder your girl stopped eating.
彼得:難怪她不再吃東西了。
no wonder怪不得、難怪
Mark: That’s right. So, I’m open to anything that is edible now.
馬克:對,所以我現在歡迎任何可以食用的東西。
edible(adj.)可食用的